Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Reward: Salty Glue

What a beautiful sunny morning I woke up today.  The sun was shining so bright, and even though it was thirty degrees outside, the blue skies made me smile.  First thing on the agenda today: eat.  According to my new Medifast diet, I need to spend a lot of time doing that.  Well, it's not really eating, it's more like drinking, because almost everything is liquid.  And, sadly, none of that liquid gets to be a glass of wine or dirty martini.  Ugh.

I was avoiding eating my breakfast today because I knew I was out of my favorite powdered eggs, and the only acceptable option for breakfast today would be yet another shake, or the most repulsive "pancakes" that anyone has ever invented.  I weighed myself this morning though, and am down 7.5 pounds and it hasn't quite been two weeks, so this liquid hell I am in seems to be working! 

I went out for my morning cigarette and was ecstatic to find the UPS man had surprised me this morning with a gift! The non liquid morsels I had ordered for my diet last week!!  In my mind I knew this had to be the diet gods sending me a reward for losing 7.5 lbs!  So, this morning my ho-hum shake had been pushed up to lunch, because now I have OATMEAL!!! A girl who prides herself on a sophisticated palate and fabulous cooking skills is excited about her instant oatmeal this morning, how sad is that.  Well, I popped that bad boy in the microwave, and after two minutes on the edge of my seat, I opened that little black door to a big fat disappointment.

I'm not sure how that gloppy goo is to be considered oatmeal.  The packaging says to let it sit to acquire the desired texture, so I guess I'll let it sit.  Goo can turn into oatmeal right?  No.....goo turns to GLUE when it sits.  So as I sat down on the couch to watch another mind numbing episode of "the Bad Girls Club", I began to eat my glue.  I figure I will eat it, because even if it is glue it will taste like maple and brown sugar.  Ugh, and yet another let down on this sunny Saturday morning.  I think the cooks forgot the sugar and added salt to my $2 packets of glue.  Lovely. 

As I choke down my salty glue, day dreaming about my mid-morning snack of yet another shake....I keep reminding myself of Monday.  Monday night will be two weeks on this diet and the hubby is taking me to dinner! I am going to cheat cheat cheat!! I see a very big glass (or two) of a good Cabernet Sauvignon and possibly a steak in my future.  We shall see....until then....it's time for my next shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment