Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Once a Cheater - Always a Cheater

I have never cheated on a boyfriend, but I have always and will always cheat on a diet. There comes a point between celery sticks and powdered shakes that a girl just has a need for something naughty.  What’s funny is, with me, it doesn’t have to be a big greasy cheeseburger.  It can be as simple as a glass of wine or a turkey sandwich.  As long as it’s something that isn’t allowed, I want it.  But that is how everything is right?  You always want what you can’t have!

So last night, I cheated on my diet.  What’s new right? But it was planned.  I have plotted and thought out my cheat night since I started this diet two weeks ago!  Oh my goodness, being bad suuuuure feels good!  We decided to go somewhere we’ve never been and it was amazing!

We tried this new place called Kelton’s.  For those of you in Medford, it is over by David’s Bridal.  I won’t lie, I had some major apprehension about eating at an upscale steak house in a strip mall.  But man oh man; you can not judge a restaurant by the strip mall!  The service was impeccable and the food was just as great.

My night of diet sins started with a cosmo and some baked clams.  So tasty!  For my main course I had a glass of the house Pinot Grigio….oh, and the halibut picatta.  Anything with an abundance of capers is something that I will always get excited about.  What was strange was, with a million naughty choices (steak, cheeseburgers, fettuccine alfredo), I ended up with a healthier option, but I still felt like a naughty girl.  We ordered a chocolate tiramisu to go, and I will confess I had at least five bites….and another glass of wine.  The tiramisu was out of this world.  I definitely recommend Kelton’s.  It was amazing!

With all positives though, there come the negatives.  The down fall of cheating: the guilt.  I woke up this morning with a headache from the wine and a knot in my stomach knowing I had gained all my weight back plus at least fifteen pounds.  That seemed like a totally legitimate and rational assumption.  Well, I stepped on the scale and hell-to-the-yeah! I hadn’t gained an ounce! Woohoo! 

I am revived and refreshed from my naughty night of sinning.  I’m more than ready for another week of angelically perfect dieting.  So the question of the day is….will I cheat again?

No comments:

Post a Comment