Monday, March 28, 2011

Multiple Taste-gasms!

Have you ever ate something that tasted so good it felt like you were cheating on your spouse just by eating it?  Yeah, you know…that one bite of food that could possibly be called “better than sex”.  Well, the hubby and I went on a little adventure to Reno and then to Vegas this last weekend and all I can say is I had multiple taste-gasms!

I decided after one month on my diet and losing thirteen pounds, I was going to let loose.  I would drink what I want, eat what I want, and not give a damn! Well, I certainly did that and experienced some amazing eats!

There were three bites of fabulousness that stand out in my mind from the weekend, and I will tell you a little bit about each of them.

#1.  The Jason roll from the sushi bar at Atlantis in Reno.  OMG!  Grilled spicy scallops, tobiko, and green onions in a hand roll.  Creamy spicy sauce, with the crunch of the tobiko and onion…it was freaking out of this world.  I went twice and got the same thing both times.  So good!

The next two come from Botero at the Wynn in Las Vegas.  This place is spendy; the martini’s cost more than a whole bottle of Grey Goose, but it was all worth it. Yum-o!

#2. The Crudo Tasting, which I have attached a photo of below, was a bunch of little bites of heaven.  There were four types of sashimi all with different toppings.  There was tuna with avocado and soy, swordfish with spicy tomato, salmon with ginger and lime, and himachi with tangerine.  Every one was absolutely delightful.  My favorite was the tuna…but when it comes to sashimi…my favorite is always the tuna.



#3.  Truffle Mac and Cheese!!  This is the winner for the best taste-gasm of the weekend! I would weigh 300 pounds and be ok with it if I could eat this decadent side of sexiness every single day of my life.  Forget the chateaubriand or my grey goose martini.  All I wanted was more of this mac and cheese.  There is literally no way for me to describe this amazingness besides calling it the sexiest bite of food I have ever put in my mouth.  If you are in Vegas, get your ass to Botero and get this Mac and Cheese…I feel bad for anyone who doesn’t get to put this in their mouth at some point in their life.

So that is my line up of sexy taste-gasms from our weekend away.  Get in your car, get on the plane, go there, eat these things…you will NOT regret it. Yummmm!! I’m drooling just thinking about them…too bad I’m back to the real world and the unfabulous, unsexy, non drool worthy powdered meals I have come to love.
Botero (Encore) on Urbanspoon Atlantis Sushi Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment